Orange County Robbery Lawyer
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE 211
In California, robbery is stealing property by the use of force or fear. Armed robbery is just one example. Robbery in California also includes:
– drugging and stealing from someone while that person is unconscious
– threatening physical harm in order to escape when caught in the act of stealing
– breaking into a house while residents are inside and threatening physical harm to them before stealing their property
In southern California, if you’re accused of robbery, you need to obtain legal help at once. Put experienced Orange County robbery lawyer to work on your behalf, and call Mr. Budhwani immediately.
Every robbery is considered a felony in California under California Penal Code 211. The exact penalty for a conviction depends on whether you are convicted of robbery of the first or the second degree. A robbery is considered first degree-robbery if it is:
– a robbery of a driver or passenger on a bus, taxi, streetcar, subway, or cable car
– a robbery that takes place in an inhabited structure
– a robbery of anyone who has just used an ATM and is still in the vicinity
In California, first-degree robbery is punishable by a prison term of 3 to 9 years, and second- degree robbery is punishable by a prison term of 2 to 5 years.
Fortunately, there are defenses against a robbery accusation that a good Orange County robbery lawyer might offer on your behalf, including:
– You’re falsely accused.
– You’re a victim of mistaken identity.
– You honestly believed the property was yours or that you had a right to it.
If you’re charged with robbery in southern California, call Mr. Budhwani immediately. After evaluating your case, our experienced Orange County robbery lawyers will explain your legal options and work to develop the most effective possible defense. Mr. Budhwani has always put his considerable experience to work for you. If you face any robbery charge now or in the future in southern California, call Simon Budhwani, Esq. immediately at 714-249-2788 or email us today at: [email protected]