Orange County Underage Drinking Lawyer


Orange County Underage Drinking LawyerMinors in California can be charged with an MIP (minor in possession) offense for drinking in public, possessing or purchasing alcohol, or even for merely holding an unopened container. If your teenager is faced with any alcohol-related charge in southern California, promptly contact experienced lawyer Simon Budhwani, Esq. to get the legal help you’re going to need.


No person under the age of 21 may drink or possess alcohol in California. If you’ve been charged with underage drinking, speak to an Orange County underage drinking lawyer Simon Budhwani, Esq. today. Conviction for a violation will result in a fine of $250 and 24 to 32 hours of community service that does not interfere with school or work. A second or subsequent conviction will result in a fine of up to $500 and 36 to 48 hours of community service that does not interfere with school or work. Any MIP conviction also means a one-year driver’s license suspension under California Vehicle Code 13202.5.

A police officer who lawfully enters any premises may seize alcoholic beverages in plain view that are in the possession of a minor at any social gathering that is not supervised by a legal guardian or parent. An officer can destroy the beverages seized in an open container. Unopened containers will be impounded for up to seven working days or until a release is requested by a lawful owner age 21 or older. If no request is received, the containers are destroyed.

A person convicted of furnishing an alcoholic beverage to a minor will face a fine of $1,000 and
24 hours of community service under California Business and Professions Code 25662. Any retailer licensed to sell alcohol that knowingly allows a person under 21 to consume alcohol on the premises will face a misdemeanor charge, even if the licensee did not know the person was under 21. Penalties can include a fine of up to $1,000 and six months to a year in jail. If you furnish, give, or sell an alcoholic beverage to someone under 21, you may be charged with a misdemeanor if the minor causes a serious injury or death while intoxicated. Penalties include a fine of up to $1,000 and six months to a year in jail.


Nothing is more important than our children. If your child is accused of underage drinking or any related offense in southern California, call, experienced Orange County underage drinking lawyer, Simon Budhwani, Esq. immediately at 714-249-2788 or email us today at: [email protected]